Friday, August 20, 2010

Ladies, if your husband is a construction worker, do you wash your clothes together with his?

this question is for the ladies, if your husband or boyfriend is a construction worker or any kind or labor worker like plumber for example. lets say he goes out and works in the hot weather, he sweats, he uses the portable toilet. when it rains, he gets mud all on his jeans and socks.... you get the point. when he comes home, do you wash his current outfit together with your clothes? i am asking this out of curiousity because i find it disgusting and i just want to know how many people do this. washing your clothes once in the washer doesnt make your clothes 100% clean.Ladies, if your husband is a construction worker, do you wash your clothes together with his?
No. The only reason is because I wouldn't want mud stains on my own clothing. The best way to really get his clothes scrubbed is to add 1/2-1 cup baking soda to every load of his clothes in the wash cycle and 1/2-1 cup white vinegar to the rinse cycle. This really scrubs out those stubborn stains, deodorizes, disinfects and softens the clothes. Fabric softener is not needed.Ladies, if your husband is a construction worker, do you wash your clothes together with his?
I wash our clothes together. It does not bother me, then again he does use deodorant. I have yet to have him come home and smell. Then again I don't find my boyfriend disgusting as you find your partner.
Not my husband, but my son is, (a carpenter) and the answer is NO.


His clothes get a pre-soak and then are washed in HOT water.


All that dirt comes loose and then would settle in my garments, if I gave it the chance.


The extra initial wash and spin, seem to help a LOT.
My boyfriend is not a construction worker, but my father was. My mother never washed his clothes with her clothes and neither would I. Heavily soiled clothes should not be washed with regular, every day, mildly soiled items. It just doesn't seem right. I absolutely agree with you!
Not a chance in hell...when my husband worked in his father's machine shop, I washed his greasy, stinky work clothes in a hot, sudsy wash with a good dose of Lysol cleaner. Rinsed twice and line dried. I wouldn't even dry them in the dryer!


I got the above advice from my mother-in-law, that's how she'd done it for 35 years.
I would have to say it depends what I am washing it with, jeans I would probably all wash together since they are more durable and whatnot. I wouldnt wash his work stuff with my work stuff, wouldnt want things to get ruined if spots transfer and whatnot.





Hot water, and laundry soap and whatnot may not get everything 100% like you stated but it certainly gets most of it, and keeps things fresh.
No!!! Wash them separately and then wash out the machine.
absolutely not ...... his work cloths get washed separate all the time
Haha, I don't. I wash them separately. Once, this cement stuff/drywall/portable toilet stains..got all over my jeans. So now I just wash them separately, and sometimes I have to use those pens to get stains out. Hope this helps!
My husband is an electrician and I wash his clothes with mine. I have never had a problem with his clothes ruining mine or the kids' clothes. But then he works inside mostly, and doesn't get as dirty as a plumber or carpenter. He gets dirty and sweaty....and he gets some oil on his things, but not too much. I only wash his things seperately if he has insulation, paint, or drywall on his clothes.
haha. No WAY would I wash my clothes with his clothes. Their things get extremely dirty and collect grease, dirt, mud, insects and whatever else they were near or touched that day.


Washing your clothes with his would ruin your clothes.


His should be done seperately and washed twice!!!
NO! There are too many other substances in his clothes. It will tear up the fibers of almost any other clothes you have if there are chemicals or whatever. Even mud could stain up your clothing. I didn't do it with my ex.

No comments:

Post a Comment